The list of famous & nicer bars are in Doha / Qatar
- Orion (RAMADA HOTEL) : Sitting at the top floor of the new section, Orion features jazz music every Friday. It is the perfect lounge to just chill out and actually talk to your friends over a few drinks which are reasonably priced at QR 30 to 50.
- Manhattan (RAMADA HOTEL) : A little hideaway on the ground floor, this is a good spot for a quick drink (priced around QR 40) or if you are waiting for a table at one of the restaurants. This exclusive New York loft-inspired bar is also known as “Jimmy’s Bar” after the friendly bartender.
- Sherazad (RAMADA HOTEL) : One of Doha’s older bars, Sherazad is on the first floor of the old section with a lovely terrace and inexpensive drinks at QR 20 to 30. As a sports bar, it has a big screen playing various sports. Although normally not very busy, the Laughter Factory hosted every month brings in a full house.
- Bubbles (RAMADA HOTEL) : Serving up delicious cocktails and champagne, this bar on the Mezzanine floor in the new building is very brightly coloured and busy spot. The luscious QR 50 champagne cocktails (ask for the Marilyn Monroe or Harvey Wallbanger which are not found on the menu) and wonderful service is worth fighting over the seats and enduring the loud band for.
- Qube (RAMADA HOTEL) : : Located behind the Ramada Plaza, Qube is one of Doha’s most well-known clubs and is accessible through either the hotel or a private entrance. With a huge dance floor that is usually packed, Qube often hosts a variety of events including Qube Idol, the amateur singing competition. Drinks are about QR 30 to 50. There is also a separate area upstairs for women and couples. They are strict at enforcing ID so be sure to carry yours with you.
- The Library (RAMADA HOTEL) : : On the 11th floor of the Ramada Plaza Doha, this bar features panoramic views, soft live music and wonderful service.
- CRYSTAL LOUNGE : For a chic night out, sip on exotic cocktails and bubbly while mingling with the happening crowd at the trendy Crystal Lounge.
Named after the premium champagne, this bar at the W hotel is pronounced ‘Cris-tahl’, yes, just like in those rap and R&B songs, dahling. Dine on swanky nibbles and dance the night away as the DJ spins the latest hits.
In an all-black (black walls, tables, chairs, even lights) environment that promises casual sophistication, come at your stylish best, but prepared to leave with a much lighter wallet with drinks at QR 60 to 80 per drink, on average.
- INTERNATIONAL JAZZ (Oryx Rotana Hotel): This jazz bar at the Oryx Rotana Hotel on Airport Road has a posh feel about it with funky cream-coloured leather chairs.
A four-piece live Jazz band plays blues and popular classics there from Monday to Saturday. With a creative and delicious menu, it is definitely worth checking out for those looking for some nice live music.
- IRISH HARP ( Sheraton Hotel ): Doha’s only Irish pub is located in the basement of the Sheraton Hotel on Corniche Road in Al Dafna. With an authentic Irish feel, the Irish Harp is a proper pub and has a great atmosphere with live entertainment that keeps it busy most nights.
The fairly large bar actually allows smoking inside and has drinks priced around QR 30 to 50.
- LAVA – (Intercontinental Hotel): Located at the Intercontinental Hotel, Lava is Qatar’s newest and hottest night spot. The view from the balcony provides a fantastic view of Doha’s skyline and of the hotel’s beautiful swimming pools, gardens and beach.
With an international DJ spinning funky music, divine apple martinis, and tasty bites, it is not hard to see why Lava is volcanic hot. Drinks are priced around QR 30 to 45.
- THE PEARL LOUNGE (Doha Marriott): Those looking to get their dancing shoes on will enjoy the two-storey dance club at the Doha Marriott. Be sure to dress to impress as they will enforce the strict dress of no sandals or sneakers. Drinks average around QR 40 to 50.
- CIGAR LOUNGE (Sharq Village): The Cigar Lounge at the Sharq Village and Spa in Ras Abu Aboud (between Doha Club and the Oasis) is perfect for the cigar aficionado or someone who just fancies a nice cigar.
Featuring one of the world’s most exclusive selection of Cohiba, Behike, Partagas and other fine cigars, the colonial style cigar lounge with a distinctive Cuban feel is designed for great comfort with its smoke-free filtration system and comfortable leather couches.
Drinks are not cheap at AR 60 or more, but the walk around the hotel grounds to admire the gardens, massive pool, and beach might well make it worth it.
- RUGBY CLUB: As can be expected from its name, the Rugby Club in Soudan South near Doha College off Al Bustan Street is the favourite meeting place of Doha Rugby fans and teams. With a British feel, an outdoor barbeque and often a DJ, the Rugby Club has a reputation for serving some of the cheapest drinks in town ranging in price from QR 20 to 40.However, it is a little small and a no-frills pub which can get quite noisy during the game. Entry costs QR 30 unless you are a member and there are certain times restricted for members only.
- SKY BAR (La Cigale Hotel): With a name like Sky Bar, one would expect a loftily located lounge with wonderful views and it certainly doesn’t disappoint. Near the top of La Cigale Hotel, Suhaim Bin Hamed Street (opposite the Children’s Emergency Hospital), Sky Bar is an outdoor bar featuring breath-taking views of Doha.
Offering a great martini selection, lots of big plush couches, and a good mix of music from jazz to techno, it is no wonder the city’s young trendy crowds congregate here. With an enforced dress code, be sure to dress to impress (without showing bare shoulders or legs below the knees or otherwise skimpily per government regulations).
With drinks on average from 50 to 60 QR, the pricing policy is deliberate to maintain a more upscale crowd.
- APRÈS SPA CAFÉ (HIP INDIA LOUNGE Four Seasons ): Overlooking the Four Seasons poolside and the Arabian Gulf, Après Spa Café turns into the Hip India Lounge every Thursday evening underneath the starry night sky. Oozing Bollywood charm, the lounge features Indian-inspired food and drinks with Bollywood music and movies played all night.
This trendy spot is a fantastic night out although with average drink prices at QR 60 or more, Bollywood chic doesn’t come cheap.
- THE LOUNGE ( Kempinski Hotel ) : Located at the Kempinski Hotel in West Bay, the Lounge is an upscale bar featuring the best of European wine and international spirits in addition to beautifully presented food. With European staff and a London feel about it, The Lounge is the place to be seen with the elite crowd.
- HABANOS ( Ritz Carlton ):Those seeking a premium cigar, martini and a more sophisticated environment will find Habanos to be the perfect venue. Located at the Ritz Carlton, its prices are high with average cocktails starting around QR 60 and cigars upwards of QR 100.
This cigar lounge is decorated in rich mahogany furnishings and comfortable oversized sofas. Cigar aficionados will rejoice at the fine selection of cigars, wonderful drinks and lovely terrace.
- LA MER WINE BAR ( Ritz Carlton ): Located on top of the 23-storey Ritz Carlton building, La Mer, the French seafood restaurant and Doha’s only wine bar, offers grand sweeping views of the Gulf.
247 total views, 2 today